Monday, May 27, 2013

I'm almost done with everything. I just have to make a handle to give the door a better sense of it's scale.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The original head of the dragon was abysmal. Thankfully, Marian helped me on how to properly sculpt a better one.
I made an entire, 3 dimensional head. After finding the proper camera angle, I squished it using the move tool and placed it where it belongs. Now it actually looks like a relief!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Door for the unseen part of the scene. Mostly getting my feet wet with new Zbrush tools. It was fun.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

First iteration of the fireflies. Static, they look just like fat dots. I used the curve editor in Cascade to actually make them fade out slowly. It's neat.

But this is now going officially on ice. The throne room...


Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Here are the lamps, illuminated. The UDK command I used to take the screenshots splits the screen in 4 equal sectors and takes a screenshot at screen resolution. When compiled, the shot is four times the original res, and screen-space effect either are distorted or disappear.
Next up, I have to figure out the basics of Cascade to make moths.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

A maya viewport screenshot of the egg, baked and textured. It's off to UDK with this one.

And here it is!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

A close-up of the egg. I used several alphas to get the texture on the shell, but a simple masking brush for the scrollwork. Now It's off to re-topo.

Small update. After a week of break, and one of break-in into the new semester, I'm going full ahead again with my project.
Here's a lamp I'm doing. The egg is not finished yet.