Thursday, June 20, 2013

I threw the door sheet into UDK to test out the material. Something weird was happening before with the specular map, where it would seem that the yellow specular map would mix the blue light and bounce off a ghastly green. I switched computers and it disappeared. Could have been a rendering bug.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The flaming decorations on top are modeled, baked and placed! I'll get to texturing them later on. As for next prop to be modeled, it's the window. And that one will be the last one before the texture sheets. And then... the dragon.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Worked on the throne this weekend. Four 512 texture sheets, including the details trims, fabric seating, the pattern in the back-panels, and the still not done sheet with the geometric details that go on top of the panels.
That will be done soon!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

After working and learning better texturing during the week, I arrived at this result yesterday:

I might cook-up and try out different gloss maps to get that metallic reflection just right. It's on to the door and throne next!

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Over the weekend, I made the pillar of the scene. Check my few first posts if you want to compare how much I have learned between last year and now.
Took me three days total, and It bounced me right back into full work mode.